Friends and Family,
Thank you for taking the time to read our latest update, and for your continued support in this specific mission God has called us to. In reflection on the last month, we are more aware and thankful for God’s continued refining fire – it’s been hot and we’ve found ourselves in more than one moment of discouragement. Let me explain.
We love programs. We love predictability. We want to know the next step – or the next 3 steps! We like formulas. We want a guidebook, and not necessarily a faith. Faith lived out in relationships with people – that could get messy.
Ministry in the culture of entertainment, with artists in their 20’s & 30’s, will probably never look predictable. Following Jesus is anything but predictable and formulaic. We lost sight of that. As the fire began to heat up and the sweat got annoying…God’s grace opened the ears of our hearts!
We are thankful for:
- More and more clarity for what our mission is and how God will accomplish it.
- A renewed burden for this community and their need for Jesus.
- Being challenged in our methods and programs. Understanding our call to “go and make disciples” doesn’t always fit into a ‘box’.
- New friends and encouragement from those who serve with us in prayer.
- The ability to host others in our home as a family. This is one of our great callings as believers and God has blessed us with a home to do this on a regular basis. Romans 12:13 says, “Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.”
Pray with us:
- This community: That God’s Spirit would open eyes and hearts, giving them a hunger for His Word and deep community. This desire can only come from Him.
- The Details: That God would continue to inspire and speak to us with ways to reach His people in an individualistic and fame driven culture.
- Leaders: We seek to make disciple making disciples (Matt. 28:18-20), sending them out all over the world as they already go.
- Send us those who desire a deeper walk to lead those who do not yet know Jesus or what it is to walk with Him.
- As we begin new methods to make much of Jesus. It is evident that the traditional church model is not an effective way to reach this community.
Wishing you a great weekend and a Happy 4th!
For God’s Glory,
Milam, Ashley, Gunnar and Remy