September 30, 2011
Friends & Family,
I love my job! I love having a front row seat to what God is doing in the lives of the touring community of Nashville (and beyond).
On September 20th, we had 30 people crammed into a space suited for 12 to study the Bible and pray together. As I looked around and took in the new faces, the faithful faces, the growing faces, and the hungry faces; I thought to myself, “this is a movement”. Numerical growth is encouraging and nice to talk about and we love to share it. But, The Reversal wants to be known by more than just bodies in a room. It was Jesus who said, “You will know them by their fruit.” (Matt. 7:20)
The stories I’m hearing are refreshing; these are real people and not just a crowd:
- “While we were in Europe for 3 weeks I had the chance to talk to our bus driver every day about God. I think I really made him think.”
- “I feel like I’m finally understanding what it means to be a loving husband. I’ve been selfish, I need help.”
- “The time I spent alone with God on the road was life changing. I hunger for the Word, it makes me want to love others more and take the attention off of myself.”
- “I’ve never read the New Testament all the way through until we committed to do it as a group. Now it’s a priority, not just a chore to check off the list.”
And now, thank you! We could not be in this ministry without the encouragement of praying friends and praying financial partners. We are beyond grateful. We’ve seen the hand of God provide every need, bless us with genuine community, and allow us to be part of a move of His Spirit.
God bless you,
Milam, Ashley, Gunnar and Remy
- Pray for health and a focus on mission as we see new growth.
- Pray that God will raise up faithful leaders within this community. Many of our leaders are now touring, leaving a need here at home.
- Milam has been asked to fly out to a couple of tours this fall, pray for safe travel and open hearts.
Giving and Needs Snapshot (As of September 16, 2011):
Annual Budget = $44,268;
Monthly Need = $3,689;
Total Giving to date = $25,377.87;
Church partnerships = $10,000 Annually;
Outstanding Need Thru 12/31/11 = $12,911.50